Location: Lake Concow
Register Cost: $250
Time: 9 AM (Day 1) - 3 PM (Day 2)
Concow Dates 2018: 1/13-1/14, 3/17-3/18 (FILLED), 4/21-4/22, 5/26-5/27, 6/30-7/1, 7/23-7/24, 8/11-8/12, 9/1-9/2, 10/13-10/14, 11/10-11/11
Our 2-Day course covers the basic, essential skills for wilderness survival. In this course you will learn the most effective, efficient techniques to survive in wilderness emergencies. Your training will include: Fire-Making, Shelter-Making, Water Location and Purification, Signaling, Basic First Aid, and an introduction to Navigation.
*Note 1: Feel free to bring any personal survival gear you wish to test out or train with.
**Note 2: Tents are allowed, but students have the option to sleep in the actual debris survival shelters that they build.
What to bring:
- Pocketknife or multi-tool with locking blade and saw.
- Clothes that are appropriate for the weather and the outdoors, including close-toed shoes and long pants.
- Lunch for Day 1 (all other meals are included)
- Water bottle
- Day pack
- Sleeping bag, appropriate for the weather
- Work gloves for outdoor use
- Sun protection/bug spray.